Monday, July 12, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday - Summer Recipes

Head over to Taylors Blog to play along!!
Top 2 Favorite Summer Recipes! 
1. Sangria! Sangria! - I found this recipe last summer and made it for a family pool party we were having at my house.  It's the BEST sangria I've found, if you like it sweeter I'd add the club soda. This sangria was a hit, I'm def making it again VERY soon!
1/2 cup brandy
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
1/3 cup orange juice
1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
1/2 cup triple sec
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1 lime, sliced into rounds
1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
8 maraschino cherries
2 cups carbonated water (optional)

Directions

In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange and lime, and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.




2. Spinach Artichoke Dip- I LOVE this recipe, its delicious.  Again, I made this for a family party and it was a hit! Should have made more.

1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon minced garlic

Directions

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2.In a small baking dish, mix together artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Romano cheese, and garlic. Cover dish.
3.Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 25 minutes.

11 comments:

Tales of a young mamma said...

I LOVE spinach artichoke dip but I've never made it! I think I need to give this one a try.

Lisa said...

I will have to try the spinach artichoke dip.

Bree said...

Haha I'm drinking sangria as I'm reading this..MM!

star said...

Yum! I totally have to try this Sangria recipe!

Michelle (michabella) said...

GREAT RECIPES! Def must try that Sangria <333

Lindsey S said...

That spinach dip looks delicious!

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

Yummy! I love sangria I totally need to try!

Kenya said...

New follower!! I'm a Jersey girl too! Love the blog.

Lindsay said...

Looks delicious :) LOVE the sangria! Love your blog!!

Brittany said...

Just saw you featured on Pearly Bloggers - I'm a new follower :)

I LOVE Sangria! One of my fav. drinks :) I'll have to try this!

Click over to my blog if you'd like!

Brittany said...

Yummm! I make home made S&A dip as well, but your recipe looks awesome!

Just came over from Jenns blog, and couldn't wait to read more! Ahh your interview was hilarious!!

Consider me a new follower!