Someone please explain to me this tween fad?!?!
This morning on the way to class I was listening to my girl Lisa Paige on 92.3 NOW FM and the topic was silly bandz. Seems that silly bands aren't just a craze for kids but women into there 40-60's were calling in saying they wear them and love em! I really DO NOT understand this new craze what so ever. Supposedly their selling like crazy in all stores. They're silicone rubber bands that come in a different colors and shapes- animals, trains, cars, princess, etc. But once you put them on like the picture above you can't even tell what the shape is on your wrist. So can someone please explain to me why these things are so popular!?!? I really would like to know because I dont find the point of them and they seem boring. Maybe I'm just being a negative Nancy but I really think they're the worst trend to date.

8 comments:
my kids at school love them! They trade them too. However they caused so much drama that they are band not only from my class, but the school. haha
stoppin' by from Pearly Bloggers! Cute blog! :)
Hahha Katie,
I felt this way at first too. But after spending time with my 6 year old brother and 5 year old niece my eyes quickly opened. It really isnt about the bracelet but its about getting your favorite shapes and colors. My lil brother has a trex one that he loves. Then you trade them with people and its just cute. Idk what the excuse is for older women but I have about 8 that I keep on me so that I can play with my little brother and niece when I'm home!!
I agree! What is all the hype about? Kids go crazy over them and I peronally do not understand it.
I'm new to your blog, but I'm loving it :)
I am wondering the same thing!!!!! My 3 year old niece was explaining them to me! LOL
Huh. They are sort of like the trend Madonna started in the 80's. Its still stupid.
http://www.chadcover.com/wiki/index.php?title=Madonna
i thought it was a cute little trend at first for kids, all my students were showing up at school with them, but i still don't get the whole obsession with adults wanting and wearing them. i guess it's one of those things you either get it or you don't, love it or hate it.
I have seen these all around and it drives me crazy. I don't get it either!!
Post a Comment