Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Show Us YOUR Team Football Link-Up

I'm counting down the days until Thursday, September 1st! 
That's Rutgers first football game of the season against North Carolina Central!
I never would of guessed 5 years ago that I would of turned into a sports fan!
Now I'm joining in with the crowd screaming, hollering, cheering!
How did this happen?!!?
I dated a HUGE sports fanatic! & started paying more attention!
DSC01343 
FIGHT SONG
R-U, Rah, Rah
R-U, Rah, Rah
Whoo-Raa, Whoo-Ra;
Rutgers Rah!
Up-Stream Red Team;
Red Team Up-Stream
Rah, Rah,
Rutgers Rah!!

image
Rutgers is a melting pot for all forces football. Rutgers intermixes south Jersey, Philly, central Jersey, New York, and north Jersey together. The only reason why we are called "New York's Team" is because we are literally the closest major college football team to New York. We could also be called Philadelphia's team because we are the closest BCS division football team to Philly as well, but since there are so many Penn State campuses in the Philadelphia area, many of the fans find allegiance in Penn State, which is about an hour or more further from the city than Rutgers is.

Many of our fans may be newer to the college football game, but the 20,000 original fans that were there through it all will bleed Rutgers til the end. We have the dedication of Philly towards giving other teams the business, but the attitude of New York that we love a winner and will celebrate and attend as such. We expect effort and applaud effort and excellent coaching. Likewise, we will question the opposite if we see something that we don't like. And we welcome newcomers with open arms because we want the Scarlet Knight "family" to be as big as it can be.

7335_624446407374_14316055_36864951_1430140_n
Roommates Fall 2010

10522_519265362889_199801841_30882368_6173329_n
Pregaming

7335_624446432324_14316055_36864956_4406850_n
A True RUTGERS fan!

Photo_00009
LOVE RUTGERS FOOTBALL!
 

RutgersLogo

& a HUGE WOOHOO for Rutgers is my good friend
Alex Silvestro was just picked up by the Patriots!
KICK ASS THIS SEASON ALEX!!!
photo

Who is your team?  Why do you love them?  How did you become a fan?  Link up HERE and let us know!

 


1 comment:

Lindsey S said...

Thanks for linking up! Sorry it's taken so long to get around to your post!

That's how I became a fan - my husband is a sports fanatic! It's fun now that I understand the game :)