Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother”
-Abraham Lincoln

Happy Mothers Day to all you mommies out there!

Every year, for the past few years, Mother’s Day has been a very special day for me. It is a celebration of motherhood, of womanhood, and of the person who has had the greatest influence on my life – my mother. And every year, as I discover more about my self, about humanity and the world, I become more grateful for everything my mother did and the values she instilled in me. I also become more aware of how difficult it must have been for her, how incredibly challenging.  Now, with each passing day, as I fumble through life, my gratitude deepens and my admiration for her grows.
 I can never thank her enough for all she provided for me, nurtured in me, and demonstrated to me. My mother is unequivocally the most beautiful woman in the world – she radiates spirit, joy and light. 

Today I celebrate her! Thank you for my life – I love you!

4 comments:

Sophia Caris said...

Hey girl, just stopped by your blog for the first time and thought I would say hi! Have a great week!
xo

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Aw, Hope your mom had a great Mother's Day!

Lindsey said...

That was so sweet and very well written! Hope she had a great mother's day!!

Heather said...

Katie this was absolutely beautiful! I hope your mother had a wonerful Mother's Day!