Okay, this freaks me out. I'm not a bigger twitter and don't tweet pic's, but
I’ll definitely think twice about tweeting pic’s in the future.
"Creepy’ is a software package that allows users to pinpoint anyone’s location, using geographic data embedded within shared photos. All you have to do is type in a person’s Twitter or Flickr username, and hit the ‘Geolocate Target’ button. The app will then gather all the geographic information available online, via photos that the ‘target’ has shared online.”
How it works:
“Whenever someone shares a photo taken with his or her smartphone, services like Flickr, Yfrog and Twitpic automatically record the location where the shot was taken, and store that geo-tag in the image’s EXIF data. ‘Creepy’ simply uses APIs to scan this data, and display it on a map. Of course, the location of a single photo can’t say too much about anyone. But the more photos a person shares, the more exposed their lives become. Find a subject who’s shared enough images, and you’ll eventually see clusters of dots around their homes, workplaces, or favorite hangouts.”
Will you stop tweeting pic’s knowing this creepy app is available??
I watch shows like "Stalker", "Missing Persons", "Mysteries Unknown", etc...
I've also seen weirdos when I'm out with my friends, creeping.
I’d chill out with tweeting pics, if I did.

3 comments:
I've heard about this before! I don't have a Twitter, but I definitely changed the setting in my iphone so that it CAN'T use my location when it comes to taking pictures. It's the same when you post them on FB if they're mobile uploads unless you turn the setting off on your phone.
This is so disturbing! Technology is becoming too invasive in our personal lives. I wish I lived in another century sometimes :-P
Thanks for the birthday wishes, you're so sweet! I just posted some pictures from my night!
It's official! I am completely creeped out now. I use to tweet photos all the time and now I need to stop! eekkk!
Post a Comment