Wednesday, February 16, 2011

30 day photo challenge - day one

I saw my Boardie Girlfriend Jen do this blog challenge, and I want to join in.  Most of the time when I do challenges I forget about them and don't finish but I am going to try REALLY REALLY hard to complete this challenge.
Day #1- A photo of yourself with ten facts:


1. I'm a true Jersey Girl, born and raised.  "The Jersey girl..a love of an unpretentious good time, and a certain sense of style. Jersey girls are about attitude. They're about eating pizza, drinking beer, having great hair - and enjoying it all..She's got a mouth on her. She says what she means. And she's got a nice, cheerful laugh..Bottom line, all of them are sexy as hell." -The Star Ledger
 
2. I'm a Type A personality - I'm goal driven person, constantly working hard, and hate failure  I always feel pressured for time, I'm not usually a very talkative person but the times that I am, I talk very fast, loud and like to put my input a lot in group conversations.  I'm bad at interrupting people... working on that!  I guess being a competitive dancer is good because I'm always pushing myself even through pain and fatigue. I'll admit the bad part about being Type A is that I'm really bad at nurturing other peoples emotional needs.(always something I'm working on)  I guess this is where my anxiety disorder comes from.


3. You know that YouTube video "How To Trick People Into Thinking Your Good Looking"?..that would be me! I had horrible teeth as a kid, got glasses in the 1st grade, and wore braces for 5 years.  If I'm not wearing my glasses or contacts I'm basically blind, everything is a blur.  I wear my retainer 3-4 nights a week so my teeth wont shift.  I have very fair skin and lots of freckles but I fade them out with my love for self tanner and face makeup.  I have extremely blonde eyebrows and eyelashes, without mascara or penciled in eyebrows on I look very weird.  I don't want to give the wrong illusion that I cake on makeup everyday but I don't wake up looking like my everyday self.

4. I'm a self tanning junkie, I've tried so many products.  Self tanner is my savour, its amazing what a "tan" can do for a girl's mood.

5. I can't cook.  I've been living on my own now for over 2 years, have bought plenty of cook books but never put in the time to actually learn.  I cook the same simple things all the time, get take out or get food that cooks in the microwave.  It's boring me...
 
6. My sign is Cancer which fits me perfectly - Cancerians are the least predictable, although I think of myself as a Type A I'm very emotional and sensitive.  Cancerians are loyal, rarely take the direct approach to what they want but usually get it, are better judged but what they do then by what they say, have a hard shell to the world but are very soft on the inside. They seek out relationships and are happiest when with those they love because it gives them a sense of security. Cancerians are very intuitive, almost to the point of being psychic. They are able to spot even the smallest change in another's behaviour, so it is hard to deceive them. They are very insightful and most have a photographic memory. 

7. I've never really been single. Not since high school. Definite pattern of serial monogamy. And most interestingly, I have not initiated or pursued the subsequent relationship.  I've always had long term relationships.  I realized then that I don't know what it's like to be 'dating' and 'looking' and all that.  I've always made sure though not to lose sense of myself.  I make sure to enjoy the things I love, spend time with family and friends, and most importantly have me time.

8. I have a sister 4 years young than me, but looks like my twin.  I have a large extended family 26 cousins, and 13 aunts and uncles.

9. I love shopping, which can sometimes be bad.  - Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.  You can get to know the quickest if you shop with me, shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist,  I don't shop because I need something, I just shop for shopping's sake. (I do save a lot though, use coupons and always look for sales)
 
10. I must go on atleast one vacation a year so I have something to look forward to! 
 
Here is the list for the challenge:
 
Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts
Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Day 04 - A picture of your night
Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory
Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item
Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh
Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate
Day 12 - A picture of something you love
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 - A picture and a letter
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 - A picture of your day
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28 - A picture of something you're afraid of
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

hahah that video is sooo funny!! I bet you look fab when you wake up!

Lindsay said...

hahahaha I just watched the YouTube video about how to trick people into thinking you're good looking...lol That's funny!

V said...

YAY! I WANT TO DO THIS!!!!! BRING ON YOUR PICTURES!