ShopSmart magazine is reporting that women feel more confident and sexy when they wear a special pair of underwear. However, a bad pair of underwear can have the complete opposite effect. The survey was conducted and featured 1,000 women over the age of 18, and 47 percent said their underwear had a huge effect on their confidence. Other interesting findings from the study: women own an average of 21 pairs, with 10 percent owning 35 or more; women tend to prefer briefs in neutral colors such as black, white and beige.
women between the ages of 18-34 tend to wear more adventurous styles.

women between the ages of 18-34 tend to wear more adventurous styles.
So what does it all mean? Well, it doesn’t seem to tell us much we didn’t already know. (Wait, women like to feel sexy? What?) Most people tend to feel more confident when they know they have put a lot of work into their appearance. While it may not be underwear with men, you certainly wouldn’t walk into a job interview wearing gym shorts and feel good about it. What the study does point to is that the commodification of sex is a very real thing; Victoria’s Secret isn’t a billion dollar company for nothing. It might not be wise to draw too many conclusions from this, but it speaks to the fact that many women likely feel that society values them primarily for their physical attractiveness.


I agree with this article, even if there covered by bottom clothing and no one sees my panties.
I'll wear a cute, lacy or racy pair just because it makes me feel good, confident, and sexy.
But then again I'm not saying an ugly pair of underwear ruins my day.
Do you feel that this research conducted is true
and you fall into this category of women?
7 comments:
Not only does wearing a certain pair make me feel sexy but I have them in my drawer laid out like they have them in Victoria's Secret and opening the drawer and seeing all my choices makes me feel that much sexier! Love this post!
My favorite local lingerie store is going out of business. So sad. They carry Cosabelle, Huit and so many great lines. Everything is 50% off. I bought every remaining item in my size! (I love cute skivvies and supporting local business owners!)
Hm well I definitely prefer cute girly underwear than something plain..seems like it makes sense!
Oh, and Dylan got on the blog button FAST! haha it's on my blog now :)
I totally fall into this group. Wearing sexy underwear always seems to transform my mood, it just makes me feel a little more confident. Great research ;)
I'd have to agree with the article as well!
Totally true! If I'm wearing granny panties I'm totally self conscious of how my rear looks. PLUS, some clothes fit better when I'm wearing skimpies (jeans). Bad underwear can also make you uncomfortable, literally, and that ruins your day. I have to argue with the fact that the average woman owns 21 pairs? The average woman I know owns way more than that (self included). Thanks for visiitng my blog...yours is cute too! Love the Christmas theme :)
So true! I own way more than 21 undies though!
Post a Comment