My weekend started off a little rough. I was getting ready Saturday morning when my best friend Heather called me and then texted me and told me to call her ASAP. I told her I was rushing to go to Steves soon to be sister-in-laws bridal shower and could I call her in the car? She responded "NO CALL ME NOW!". For the 12 years I've known Heather shes never once done this to me so I knew this was serious. I called her the second after that text and the first thing out of my mouth was "Whats wrong!!!!" and she said "Brookes mom (Holly) hung herself last night!!!". I screamed and yelled "WHAT!!!!!!!!!!" I was in shock, couldn't speak, shaking and wanted to cry but I just couldn't. I ran to my moms room and told her and her reaction was the same. Heather called Brooke to find out the details and Holly was very depressed and in a terrible spot in her life and I guess the only way she knew out was to commit suicide. We finished our conversation and I left for Cheryls bridal shower a mess. I had to call Brooke (I met Brooke my first week of freshman yr of HS. Everyone knew where ever one of the 3 best friends were the other was with them, we got into a tiff my second yr of college and didt speak much and within the last 5 months things have been better and we're talking again) well I called Brooke and I just poured my heart out on how sorry I was and we cried together. I told her no matter what happened to us in the past I here for her no matter what, since her mother was mother figure in my life also. I got to the bridal shower, got myself together and had to put on a happy face for cheryl, friends and family.
The Bridal shower was absolutely gorgeous and Cheryl was totally surprised by everything! I wasn't able to stay the whole time because I had a family BBQ at night but the time I was there, the energy in the room was so vibrant, warm, and loving!
The table settings
The bridal present chair
Cupcakes :)
Chocolate lollipops with Cheryl & Scotts engagement pics on them!
Center Pieces
Champange Candle gift
Megan, Me, Danielle
SURPRISE!!!!
Cheryl the BEAUTIFUL Bride to Be!!
Jordan got scared when everyone yelled surprise :(
Precious little boy playing with his blocks
(left to right)
Cheryl, Danielle, Megan, Me, Angie, Justine
Maid of Honor & Bride to Be
The girls!
Love Cheryl and maybe one day my sister in law?? ;o)
About 3:30 Saturday I had to leave to be at my family party upnorth, a lot of my family from Atlanta flew in. We got to my aunts around 5PM, and around 6PM all of my family had arrived. My cousin Kelly that lives in Atlanta(I visited her in March) announced that since everyone was finally here, her husband and her would like to make an announment. I knew exactly what it was and before she even said anything my mouth dropped and I screamed. She annouced that she was about 4 months pregnant and they're 90% sure its a boy! Everyone was sooo excited clapping and hugging and me being extremely emotional cried! hahaha!! My cousin had a very difficult time getting pregnant and tried so many different options and when I went to ATL in March she discussed it with me and she cried because option after option wasnt working for her and she had been trying for 2 years. So I guess I was just soo happy for her and that her dream is finally coming true. Their due date is Jan 21st and I'll still be on winter break so I plan on flying down there for the birth!! :D
After the wonderful news we ate and ate and ate, played baseball, played a few rounds of catch pharse and just talked. I love family get togethers and after the news I had recieved Saturday morning I appreciated being with my family and Steve even more!
Proud Parents to be!!!
The BEST cousin I could ever ask for!!
One of the baseball teams
My team (Graham, cousin sean, uncle Don, cousin Kel & my dad)
Steve and my sister Jackie looking beautiful
Steve on the opposing team
Sweetest little cousins- Sierra & Skyler
Cousins Sean and Brett
matchy matchy
Love this little man
Sunday- Steve and I headed to the boardwalk around 6PM. We went to seaside heights, NJ and ate at one of my favorite bars called "The Beach Bar". We got 4 appiterzers to slipt and some yummi drinks. After dinner we walked the boardwalk, played some games(that I NEVER WIN), ate ice cream and fudge and then when we were about to leave I HAD to have some funnel cake! It was nesscary. I didnt take very many pictures because Steve was like "Katie, we live here. You look like a tourist." lol
Steve!
Seaside Heights Boardwalk- NJ
Steve won a Yankee basketball.
That was my weekend. It was full of sorrow, tears, laughter and joy.
Didn't know I could feel so many emotions in such a short time.
I hope everyone had a safe, fun filled weekend!
Enjoy the week, hopefully the weekend comes fast!
3 comments:
My heart goes out to you and your friend! I cannot imagine experiencing something so tragic! I am glad that the rest of your weekend was spent celebrating and loving the super special people in your life!! That is what life is about, after all!
My prayers are definitely with your friend and her family during this tough time! I can't even imagine going through that.
The shower looks beautiful! I love that blue dress you're wearing at the shower and BBQ. Super cute.
I'm also pretty darn jealous you live SO close to the beach and boardwalk :) It reminds me of Ocean City, MD. I've been every year since I was born. Love the funnel cake!!
I am so sorry to hear about your friends mom. I hope things are going okay for both of you. BIG HUGS!
What a beautiful shower! BEAUTIFUL bride!
I love family events! I love catch phrase too!:)) ANDDDD what a great way to top the family time, then a pregnancy announcement! Yay!!!
What mixture of emotions!
Post a Comment