Thursday, July 22, 2010

Favorite Fridays-: Healthy Snack

This weeks Favorite Friday Topic is:
HEALTHY SNACKS!

1. Apple & Peanut Butter-  Apples are full of fiber, which is necessary to keep our digestion tract healthy and working correctly. They're also low in calories, are naturally fat-free, and contain important vitamins.  Peanut butter is healthy when eaten in moderate amounts, and is full of vitamins and minerals like magnesium and manganese.  A handful of peanuts or a few tablespoons of peanut butter midmorning can stave off hunger for up to two hours!

 
2. POPCORN- What's not to love about popcorn?  Popcorn is not only healthy, but it's filling as well. The reason popcorn is so filling is the amount of fiber that it contains. But, fiber is the only reason popcorn is healthy. Popcorn also contains protein and B vitamins making it a very healthy snack. Plus, popcorn is also low calories snack.

Whats your favorite *Healthy Snack*???
~Don't forget if you'd like to play along,
mclinky your blog to Jens BLOG ~

6 comments:

Marian said...

Apples and pb are one of my most favorite snacks...though I may use more pb then should for it to be healthy:) Have a fabulous Friday love

Amber said...

Almonds! Only a handful though. And celery and peanut butter. I'm also really into greek yogurt these days - so full of protein!

Happy Friday!

Bree said...

Mmm apples and peanut butter-love it when I have it, but don't think of it often enough..doh.

Jenn @ West Sac Honey said...

I just finished off my bag of apples and peanut butter. But I did buy a 28 pack of 100 calorie popcorn for my work snacks! :) Great minds think alike!

Brittany said...

yummy! That just made me hungry!

Anonymous said...

Love apples with peanut butter - I like mine sprinkled with grape nuts on top! Cute blog! Have a great weekend. ~Debby xo